Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My First Post: Week 2: Blogging

Well I managed to get the Blog set up with out much of a problem. However when it came to getting the Avatar, that was a different story. Some glitch in the connection, so it said, ment I tried about 15 times to get a Yahoo account. Well I gave up on trying to use the PC to get the account so I went to the trusty old Mac and with in two tries I had it. Don't you just hate the new words or codes you have to strain your eyes to guess what the are to get you account to Yahoo etc?

Trying to follow the instructions on the 2.0 Web site by putting the background as a classroom or library. The thing was I went through all the backgrounds but found neither classroom or library. But my sharp mind said to me, “Hey there was a picture of the Sidney Opera House there, use that instead.” Well since I do live in Australia, I said to myself, “Self go ahead and use the Opera House background.”

Well as I always listen to my self I did just that. That done I tried to transfer the file to the Blog but Blog would not let me, kept sending me a error message saying , "I won't let you do it." "Aaa Haa, "said I, " I'll fix you!”, so I opened the file with my web browser and using a neat application Called HyperSnap DX Pro to capture the image, saved it as a jpg file. Did the thing with Blog again, and then this time Blog said, “That's ok you can do that.”

I have been using Hyper Snap since 1997 and found it very useful when Writing user manuals and other things that needed to capture images that you cant normally get from drop down menus.

The price is $35.00 US Check it out at:

HyperSnap

Hopefully this meets my first requirement for the 2.0 course.

George

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 -- enjoy the discovery learning adventure. The California School Library Association is about to announce another "summer 2.0 fun" time for taking the course with friends, so you might see some active blogs from our state soon.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to that

    ReplyDelete