Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 3: Photos & Images

I went to Flickr And set up account and have started uploading photos and organising them for the assignment.

I find the setting up the account and uploading of graphics somewhat confusing to follow there are no clear step by step instructions that aide the novice in a smooth transition into becoming involved in using the media.

I have been working with the computerised media for over 25 years and find I have trouble following the instructions set out on most of the sites.

The instructions and steps have been written by people that know the procedures and don't think as a person new to the media thinks. The more I see the type of instruction for using this media I can see why librarians / teachers tend to shy away from using it.

The FAQ's are of some help but they don't really cover the subject in depth. When I run into a problem I spend a lot of time searching to find an answer to my problem. Many times I just have to go away for a day or two and think about it before I come back to solve it. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Answer this question do/did you find Instructions to setting up Flickr and Yahoo confusing?

Or is it just me or that I'm getting too old?

George

No comments:

Post a Comment