Monday, June 1, 2009

#8 & #9 Week 4 Learn about RSS feeds etc.


The Cat

Found some interesting news feeds that will fit in very well with the theme of my blog. A number of the feeds have to do with free and inexpensive software and and other technical information that I think may be of value to Libraians and Teachers.

The RSS Feeds are far better than the old news groups as they include graphics that you don't need to download and patch together to see.

Goggle Reader selections:

3d
Blogging
Facebook
Freeware
Open Source
Software
Web-Authoring

Bloglines selections:

BBC News News Front Page World Edition
Bloglines News
Design*Sponge
Dictionary.com
Word of the Day
Drawn! The Illustration and Cartooning Blog
GigaOM
librarian.net
Library Stuff
ReadWriteWeb
ResourceShelf
The Shifted Librarian
Silicon Alley Insider
Slashdot
TechCrunch


They are areas I have found to be important in the development of online educational units of study; Important in the sense, due to the cutting of education budgets world wide, to accomplish the development of any educational material, online or hard copy classroom aids. By saving money in this way it will give more to areas that need more funds.

Just for fun the other day I Googled myself to see what was left of my presence on the net. To my surprise I found an old paper that I co-authored with Professor Valdemar W. Setzer in 1994. He has republished it with additions.

I have been told that there are many of you interested in gaming so I have put a link to “THE RISKS TO CHILDREN USING ELECTRONIC GAMES” below.

Click here to view the paper

Click here to view his web site

I think that brings this part of the SLL 2.0 to an end.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment