Sunday, June 7, 2009

#16 & 17 Week 7

Another new experience went to the Wikis and opened my account.

Not to sure as to how I feel about the Wikis just yet the one I set up seems to be a bit buggy had some problems setting up my profile. Going to see if I can find some tutorial on setting them up.

Found a help file on the Wiki but its not much help the help file said to create a new page go to the side bar but cant even find the side bar.

Tried to find a help file but the help file was no help at all. I gave up on that Wiki account and went back to Goggle and found another one called WetPaint. Just click on the button to take you my Wiki Home Page Reawara Research and Development.




On my Wiki you will also find a more detailed Profile about me and where I have been for the last 70 some years.

I recommend that when you set-up your Wiki you Goggle “educational wikis”.

There is one drawback to the Wiki that it has advertising in it but it's free! If you want to remove the adverts you have to buy a membership.

Here is another HTML tag you can use on your blog to link to another source.

If you would like to put a link button on your blog pages this is best done with a small form tag As follows:

<FORM ACTION="The URL" METHOD=GET>
<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Text on button">
</FORM></plaintext>

Having looked at the Wikis listed in the tutorial I do believe that they can be a wonderful tool for interaction in an educational stetting. The WetPaint Wiki Has many good features and allows for a multimedia approach for the pretension of learning tutorials.

#17

I Visited the California Curriculum Connections wiki and posted the following comment.

My initial experience with the Wikis was not a good one. Some how I found a wiki that did not work well and had many problems with it. I wasted a lot of time trying to make it work and just had to give up on it. From there I did a goggle for educational wikis and found a suitable one. When starting out with little or no knowledge about a web tool its important that the participant has a satisfactory experience or they may just through in the towel, walk away from the tutorial and not finish it.

I would suggest that a list of some simple, easy to develop, wikis should be placed into the tutorials so that the first experience is a positive one. From there they can goggle for others that may better fit the subject they want to develop if none of the listed ones are satisfactory

When looking over the number of people starting the Tutorial and the ones finishing It would appear that there is some reason why they dropped out. There is a survey at the end of the tutorial for those that finish but what about the ones that don't get that far?

Perhaps if there was a link in each of the 'things' that linked to a, (Please tell us why you are not able to complete the tutorial) survey, as to why you did not complete the tutorial.

This would alert you to problems that may not be obvious but are a stumbling block for some. From my experience from doing the tutorial so far, (I'm a few years behind In the Technology) I was getting frustrated in some of the 'things' and had I been a little less determined to complete the tutorial I could have easy tossed it in.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment