Monday, June 8, 2009

#18 & 19 Week 8



#18 Online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.

All I can say is that its amazing the change that has come about in the last few years with regards to Online productivity tools.

As a matter of fact I ran a goggle on “web-based productivity applications” And a very long list of applications and information was generated. Many of them are free and for that reason you must but up with some inconvenience of having advertising distracting you from what your doing... But then it is free!

Secondly I look at the online versions and find them satisfactory for learning about the different office applications. However, I would be very reluctant to put any sensitive information on them. The major drawback to the online applications is that you must be able to go online to take advantage of all that is available.

That brings us back around to stand alone free and inexpensive software to do the same thing off line.

Goggle “ free and inexpensive” and and find curriculum materials as well as software and hardware.

When you Goggle “free and inexpensive software” again there is a very long list of goodies. Do take care some of the items are download for free and you may get the first year free but after that you will start receiving accounts for the annual subscription.

I have started a document on Goggle doc to collaborate with others working on a project . We have not got down to the nitty gritty as yet but I can see the defent advantage of using it to develope
I think that just about winds it up for this 'thing' so I can move on to the next.

#19 The Library Thing

I think this is a great tool! As my collection grows I'll add my new books it to my List. This could also be used as a reference list for publication of conference papers etc. Added my five bucks. Had to scrounge around to find what I have and managed to find five of them.

If you click the button below it will take you to my Library Thing.



Not much of a list at this point, only a few survived a large number of moves.



Been there and done that. Sadly I have but one book in my collection. With all the moving around I have done in my life I have but one book that I treasure and have managed to keep.

It looks like a good place to find books of interest for those wanting to add to their library. A excellent source for librarians wanting to find Books reviewed by their peers and not a publisher just selling books.

I have joined The Library Thing And registered “The Indian Tipi: It's History, Construction, and Use”.



I used this book to construct my tipi when living in Colorado before to coming to Australia. I wish I had been able to bring it with me but it would have been hard to get 18 lodge poles into my bags an on the plane.

I used the book once again when at The Tasmanian State Instate of Technology to supervise the School of Art Students project on American Indian Art.

On the left is the photo of the tipi I built when in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment